Changes to the site
We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of the advertisers, HiFi Hound does not guarantee the insertion, the position, or the colour of any particular advertisement.
HiFi Hound reserves the right to omit, suspend or remove any advertisement that proves to be fraudulent.
HiFi Hound reserves the right to make any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement and to require images.
Any image sent to us to use in an advertisement must be of the item for sale, the advertisement may not be displayed otherwise.
The Advertiser agrees to indemnify HiFi Hound in respect of all costs, damages or other charges falling upon HiFi Hound as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement, or any one or more of the series of advertisements, published in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to HiFi Hound in pursuance of the advertiser's order. In any case where a claim made against the site is used in litigation the advertiser may ultimately be liable under the terms hereof, notice in writing shall be given to the advertiser and consultation shall take place before any expense is incurred or the claim is settled or the case is defended or otherwise disposed of.
HiFi Hound reserves the right to publish advertisements in any of its other associated websites.
By using HiFi Hound you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of HiFi Hound. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use HiFi Hound.
You agree to use HiFi Hound only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use of HiFi Hound. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to any person.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
HiFi Hound content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to HiFi Hound, its services, is provided as is and on an is available basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will HiFi Hound be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
1. loss of data;
2. loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
3. loss of business;
4. loss of opportunity;
5. loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
6. losses suffered by third parties; or any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of HiFi Hound regardless of the form of action.
HiFi Hound does not warrant that functions contained in HiFi Hound content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that HiFi Hound or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The names, images and logos identifying HiFi Hound or services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of HiFi Hound and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of HiFi Hound or any other third party.
Contributions to HiFi Hound
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to HiFi Hound (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant HiFi Hound a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and in accordance with privacy restrictions set out in theHiFi Hound. If you do not want to grant to HiFi Hound the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to HiFi Hound.
Further to the above paragraph, by submitting your contribution to HiFi Hound you warrant that your contribution:
1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to HiFi Hound for all the purposes specified above;
2. is not defamatory; and does not infringe any law; and indemnify HiFi Hound against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by HiFi Hound as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on HiFi Hound and the purposes specified above.
HiFi Hound Submission Rules
1. You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to HiFi Hound via the place adverts, place wanted adverts and edit your adverts facility or otherwise. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
2. Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
3. You agree to only submit images and text which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
4. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to HiFi Hound or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on HiFi Hound, considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, HiFi Hound may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
5. HiFi Hound reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any advertiser, at any time, for any reason.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on HiFi Hound, then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.